Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office hunt group auto disconnect call on no answer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhite432

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2012
US
I have a collective hunt group with no voicemail that I would like to auto disconnect the call after 15 seconds of no one answering. I have an analog extension to a door speaker that when activated it dials a huntgroup. The extension has no way of hanging up. I don't want endless voicemails left so I'd want to keep voicemail turned off on the group. Is there a way for the call to end if no one answers vs eternal ringing? IP Office 9.1

Thank you

Create a phantom user with call forwarding to *52 (end call) and enable forward group calls. Create a sequential group with that phantom user in it. Let the call from the first group overflow to the second group after 15s.

Need some help with IP Office? IP Office SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

That sounds great in theory. Only problem is didn't work. Woking backwards when I call the overflow group directly the phantom user never auto answers to forward to *52. Phantom user has unconditional forwarding to *52 set and forward hunt group calls checked. Group is sequential.

system status just has the call state of Queueing.

OK... Copy the *52 short code and use another code like 952 and use 952 as forwarding target. IIRC forwarding to *xx doesn't always work while using only digits as target works

Need some help with IP Office? IP Office SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

I'll give that a shot and let you know. Thank you.

If you have VM Pro, turn VM on for the group, add a Leave action connecting the Start point to a Disconnect action.

I ended up using Voicemail Pro since it was an option. Thank you both for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back