Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Office Firewall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infotel

Programmer
Nov 18, 2014
CA
Hi Everyone,

I begin to use the firewall of IP Office directly because i want to set my wan port (lan2) directly with the bublic IP addresse for my oneX mobile VOIP.

Actually i use an internal IP Address in DMZ on my router but that make all port open and very bad for my network security.

But, i try to found some exemple of port open with this king of firewall and nothing... seem very complicated to open all the H323-OneX-RTP etc.. with this firewall.

So someone here have allready work with that and can help me maybe ?

In my opinion it is much easier to create the necessary rules on the edge firewall instead forwarding a complete public IP to IPO and try to configure the inbuilt firewall.

The easier it is to configure something the more secure it is.

You're in luck[smile]

I spent some time decoding that stinker, and you can read all about it in this thread:

thread940-1739002

You'll find description of the functions and a calculator to set the correct parameters.

(But using that as the only protection...You'd be better off with a real firewall)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

First of many deserving stars.

I'm a Spanish lumberjack and I'm ole'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back