Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office fallback redundancy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeIreland

Technical User
Oct 30, 2007
IE
hey all
never set up redundancy and fallback. reading the docs i have a few questions maybe someone can help

scenario
site A, IP500v2, 100 ip phones, vmpro (basic ivr 12 port), ccr
site B 40 ip phones

Site B is going to be a DR site but still used daily.
IP500v2, backup vmpro, ccr???
All IP phones across both sites are going to register to site A.

If Site A IP500 fails I can have IP phones switch to SiteB after 3 minutes. I don't need endpoint licenses for each IP phone. But do I need SCN channel licenses for each concurrent call or does simply setting the SCN trunk as Fallback work with no limits?

If Site A VMPro fails, Site B backup vmpro becomes operational. what licensing do I need on the backup vmpro? 12 ports again?

If Site A IP500 fails, can CCR (site A) report on site B IP500 calls? Or can I have a CCR install in SiteB only reporting in these scenarios? As in there will be no calls on SiteB unless SiteA is down.

In a fallback scenario what happens with Hunt Groups, I have CCR groups, so would I backup groups or just recreate them on the backup IP500?

What else should I watch out for??
thanks in advance

I can answer a few things for you but not all.

Yes, the second site will need adequate Voicemail ports licensed, SCN channels, and PRI or SIP channels if using one of these.

What is supplying your DHCP?

Uncheck "Auto-Create Ext"

You also need to set up IIS with SMTP transfer on both VM machines as they backup via SMTP messages back and forth. IIS with Smtp is only available on Windows Server OS's.

You can change the CCR pointing to SiteB when siteA goes down in the admin section. You should have CCR agents and supervisor licences for SiteB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back