Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Essential 9.1.12 prerecorded greetings for AA, Hunt Group and HG name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorVayaTech

Technical User
Apr 2, 2018
US
We have customer with an IP Office Essential 9.1.12 in need of using prerecorded greetings for Auto Attendant, Hunt Group
name and HG greeting. In our test system (9.0.4) all three converted recordings work as they should. When we move these converted recordings to 9.1.12 system, only AA greeting works fine.
Has anyone been able to use prerecorded files for HG name and greeting on 9.1.12 system?
Thanks

I have on 9.1.9 . The name of the wave files must be specific and in a specific location on the SDCard.

I use this method for hunt group greetings:

Use LVM greeting utility to convert WAV file to c11 with the following settings:
Input file: the WAV file name
Output file: groupname.c11 – this is the Avaya group name for the group needing the greeting
Output file type: Greeting
User Extension: The Avaya group name for the group needing the greeting
Format: G711
Upload the file to the SD Card in the “\System SD\SYSTEM\DYNAMIC\LVMAIL\AAG” folder.​

When I tested initially it did not work, I got the “greeting not recorded” message. After trying again later it was there so give the system a couple of minutes to update and test.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

If you are impatient like me then shutdown and restart the SD card in SSA

After converting original files again with 9.1.12 LVM utility, and rebooting the system twice,
everything is working just fine.
Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back