Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office EOL, Whats next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somewacko2

Programmer
Sep 22, 2004
US
I'm considering what our next phone system should be. We've been on IP office for 15 years. We use IP Dect, we have a small call center, and 2 PRI's for trunk delivery. Must be on-prem. Any suggestions for a new system to consider?

IP Office EOL ?
They released new hardware so they are not happy when they sell it but still do so. Reason is most likely that they make only a few bucks on the hardware but the licensing is where the real money is so they want to sell you server edition licenses for your virtual environment and then it is pure profit. Or the Cloud Office that is not Avaya at all and makes you pay until you have no need any more for phones [thumbsdown].

I have to say that there are not many systems out that that I would want.
You also have invested quite some money into this system and a new one will be a substantial amount of money.

There is a thread in the general Telephony forum that mentions a few new systems
Mitel, NEC are out there or you can of course go with the overpriced Cisco option.
Not sure if Alcatel and Siemens are in North America but I have not seen any so there are not many other ones out there that I know of that are still in business.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you want to go with more IP phones and get away from the PRI or have another device that changes the PRI to SIP for the conversion then you can look at Grandstream and also to have analog phones that can either be on the processor or when you need more than 4 or 8 (can't remember the exact number).

We work with that platform as well but not with PRI's as that is a real headache to setup initially however once installed and set up works well.
The best portion on that is that the phone programming is in the cloud and the phones grab it by themselves as long as they have Internet access.
There are also other brands out there that do the same but they are mostly designed for IP solutions with SIP trunks, not PRI's

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

What new hardware was coming out? I thought the IP500v2 was done? is there a replacement?

IP500v2A and some cards
They came out with R11.1

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I was on an Avaya conference call where the CEO stated IP Office isn't going anywhere.
They will continue to support the IP Office and Avaya Cloud Office.
They want to support both on premise and cloud and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back