Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip office disconnect supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyig

Vendor
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hi all, installed my first ip office. Its an ip office rls 8.0.44. A simple setup. 5 9508 phones and 4 loop start lines. I'm having a problem with disconnect on one of the loop start lines which is an OPX from a nearby office. After a call over it the line just remains offhook forever, tried changing the DCC timers around but so far no luck, the old norstar that was onsite previously never had an issue with this line. I am a newbie on these units and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks for your time. -John

I always run impedence matching for each analog line individually.

Thanks, I tried your sugestion but unfortunately it didn't work. I think the problem lies on the far end, they are sending a plain analog station over to the IP Office. I'm having them install an OPX card to send me the line with better supervision options. Thanks for your time, I hope I can get this working soon. -John

there might be no disconnect on the line.
Try and put a volt meter on the line then call and see if the voltage drops when the other side hangs up. If not then you have no disconnect signaling (usually 500ms of voltage drop) If you have a drop then adjust the timer to accept less than the 500ms as it might be distorted by a long line and not come through clean.
Nortel has better ways to deal with that stuff built in as they dealt with crappy lines since they have started.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

OK, so the line measures 52 Vdc when idle. After other party hangs up I get a drop to 6.6 vdc. The IP Office still won't drop the line. Going to upgrade to 8.1 and see if anything changes. Thanks for the help guys! -John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back