Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Create Phantom Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

abartolino

Technical User
Apr 4, 2008
US
I have a line that needs to be answer on 5 different extensions. I'll also need voicemail for this extension if not answered. Is it possible to create a phantom extension to ring these 5 phones. The users dont want to be in a hunt group they would rather have an appearance of this extension on each phone.

Send the call to one extension and use bridge or coverage appaerances.
You could also use a fake group and use group coverage.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I know the user has said the want an aperance button but the correct way to do this oon the IPO is with a group.

you can always put a group button on the phone so they can have an indication that it is a call for this number & not something else

also using a group means the VM light will work for the mailbox & it can be accessed via visula voice.

If you dont advise the customer & do things correctly at the begining you will get nothing but complaints& a customer who thinks the IPO is rubbish.

I guarantee that within 2 weeks the customer wont remember why he wanted a phantom user

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back