Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip office conferencing two held calls together

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy440

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
CA
I'm having issues with an IP Office (rel 8.1 (69)) with one Pri.

The problem is that when one user puts their call on hold, and another user
puts their call on hold, the two held calls are being connected until the
user picks their call back up.
This is a bit disturbing as the callers are usually competitors calling into
place orders with this customer.

This has been happening since day one after cutting over the system.

Anyone seen this before?

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

woooah that is a problem. I seem to have *heard* about this issue before, but not recently. I would check with SSA to see if some sort of conference is being generated when the users go on hold.
I would say in the mean time, give the users their own park buttons to hold calls.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Well after being on the phone with Avaya, it looks like I'm formatting and recreating
the SD card and erasing/reloading the IPO firmware.

Not sure if this is going to resolve it, but it will eliminate the possibility of a
"flakey" SD card/firmware.
Will update later if this resolves it.

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

wasn't there a bug on 8.1.69 for pri isues? that's why Avaya pulled it from there site, I understand it is back but maybe worth downloading again from Avaya.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

The PRI issues were actually a problem with the carrier.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

The IPO was a previous release and the problem was there back then. Avaya said to upgrade it to 8.1.69.
According to them, they were not aware of any issues with Pri conferencing/cross talk issues in the
version this unit was and didn't mention any issues with that in the latest version.

Well the formatting and recreating of the SD card and defaulting of the Pbx box
seemed to do the trick. But only for a while and what a surprise, it's reared its
ugly head again.
Same symptons as before.

Anyone have any ideas what to do short of bringing in a priest to perform an
exorcism and banish the demons within the box.

the last time I saw anything like this it was when a receptionist put one call on hold to answer another and it was way back (2.1 I think).
do you have call recording enabled because that would at least be activating the conference circuits so may be a possibility

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

This used to happen with alog lines on a combo card....

tried knocking it back to .67?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back