Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office communicator installation interrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkoby

Vendor
Apr 14, 2015
US
IPO_Communicator_error_rzi4cd.jpg

Ok so I'm trying to install Communicator on a customers' windows 7 pro pc. The IP Office is on release 9.1.4.
I'm getting an error when installing saying that "Avaya Communicator 2.0.3.30 setup was interrupted..." See screen shot for more details.
What gives?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6efd6d48-3e86-43d1-84e1-4735dbe890cd&file=Thompson_Flanagan_Communicator_setup.JPG
There might be a couple of installers in the install package - one for Avaya Communicator and another global installer that checks/installs Windows stuff like .NET frameworks and other prerequisites before installing Communicator. Check that?

That worked! The new version of communicator went right on and now the customer is happy. Also when doing remote desktop share, avoid using join.me. I was using it yesterday when all the failures were happening. Today I used Teamviewer and it went off without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back