Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Office Basic - Intercom Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scodaddyo

Vendor
Feb 11, 2005
US
I am just setting up a new IPO Basic Edition. I am running 8.1 (newest release). When I use manager to program a button to auto intercom (two way intercom) the button works the first time. After using it once, it then is changing to the normal ringing of that extension.

Any ideas why the button programming would change?

I really need to button to intiate the two way page to a phone.

Thanks.

-Scott

Just a quick update. We are on version 8.1 (63).

I just tried to use the web config to program the buttons. It seems to stick as *ext and work to intercom for about 1 minute. Then it reverts back to the normal ringing of the programmed extension.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Scott

I try to stay away from basic. When I am forced into basic mode I keep them at at 8.1(43) because of this issues. I experienced it in 8.1(52) and (56), never tried (63).

Having same problem with intercom buttons did changing software fix for you?

Still broke in 8.1(57) and (65). Open a case with Avaya, they'll send you a patch. Supposed to get mine tomorrow.

What happens when you press the programed auto intercom key then dial the extension number on the dialpad?

Key rings extenstion, you dont have the opportunity to use dialpad.

The key is programed for auto dial voice but if you use it reprogrames as auto dial intercom just rings the phone. You can still press intercom then press star and dial extension and voice that works

Has anyone got a patch for this problem with intercom voice buttons changing to intercom ring?

Anyone have a link to download the Manager 8.1(43)? I found one before, but can't find it now.

Or the patch?

Thanks.

-Scott

I just saw on the list of fixes on the newest release is this bug...thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back