Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Auto attendant Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkman

Technical User
Jul 29, 2012
KE
Hi

I have set up auto attendant recordings and they are working well except for the part where the greeting relays itself twice.

I went into manager and saw that this was being caused by the menu options recording, so I tried to put that as none but it now it plays an older recording.

How can I delete this old menu recording, so that if i put none then the system knows there is no existing recording hence only plays the recording once.

are you using vmpro or embedded?

if vmpro, just create new module and point the recording you made.

if embedded, create new AA, it will give you new short codes to record.

must be embedded if hes talking about manager , you can remove greetings via the embedded file management tool but as suggested above can you be a bit clearer it sounds to me you are recording in the wrong location , its the bottom section you need.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

I am using embedded. I will tell you that I fixed my problem by having the recording only under Menu Options. Now it only plays once which is good. But I would still like to know how recordings are stored i.e if i dial *8101,*8201,*8301 and *8401. Where are these recordings stored?

I went into embedded file manager under System > Dynamic > LVMAIL > AAG and I can only see one recording. I don't see the old recording yet it still plays.

*8401 is the only one you ever need if you are not using time of day announcements, im sure somebody has somewhere on the planet but i dont know of anyone that uses the first three options, they will be stored on the sd/embedded card Cant remember of the top of my head but knowledge base embedded install section will give you the answer.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

sorry you are correct you are looking in the correct folder

For IP500v2 systems this is dynamic\lvmail\AAG folder on the System SD card, for other systems it is the lvmail\AAG folder.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

It should be under System->Dynamic->LVMAIL. I believe the AAG directory is used only if you are uploading pre-recorded greetings.

Dan

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
If it's broke, try to fix it..
If you can't fix it, get yourself a good baseball bat and swing away! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back