Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office and Voicemail pro communication issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartguy7

Technical User
Dec 18, 2011
NG
I have an ip office and voice mail pro installed seven months ago and everything was working fine till last week.We are now experiencing a very funny issue, whenever we connect the ip office to the voice mail pro server phones will stop working and starts displaying discovering ip address error message.If i reboot both the ip office and the voice mail pro server, i wont be able to ping the ip address of the ip office from the voice mail pro server but the ip phones will start working.The entire thing looks like its either the voicemail pro server can register with ip office or phones with registering with ip office at a time because both the phones and the voicemail server cant communicate with ip office at the same time.I have not made any change on either the ip office, the network or the voice mail pro server and wondering what might be responsible for this.I will appreciate your advice and comments.

Sounds strange, but i would suspect a ip conflict. I suggest disconnecting IPO and VMpro. And try a ping to both addresses to see if you still get a responce.

I also guessed it was an address conflict, to my surprise i dont get any ping response if i disconnect the devices.

What Version of IPO and VM?

How are you connecting them??

Could be dup ip address of one ip phone and the vmpro computer.
You can use ssa or sysmonitor to view the ip addresses given to the phones.

I assumed that the vmpro lan port is statically addressed and the phones are dynamically or statically addressed. You can check the MAC addresses while you are looking at stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back