Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office and VM Pro not synching

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmfrazz

Programmer
May 6, 2011
US
I have a site on IP Office 8.1 with VMPro. The onsite admin need to change the names on two extensions. When she did, the voicemail boxes did not follow. So if you dial John at x1234 and he doesn't answer it goes to John's old extension at x4321. How can I fix this?

Then she didn't do it correctly, she should have changed his extn if that's what actually changed, also mailboxes are tied to the Name in the system not the extn number :)

Yes, I know. And I would have done it that way too. It's just that those extensions are tied to the department and they wanted to keep them that way. So frustrating.

There are 2 places to change the name, the "Name" field at the top is what the mailbox uses, the "Full Name" is what's displayed on handsets, so if the Name field matched his old extn then the mailbox would have followed him to his new extn and vice versa :)

It's just that those extensions are tied to the department and they wanted to keep them that way

BTW, either way his extn changed so it makes no difference how they did it, may as well do it the right way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back