Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office and remote phones across Draytek VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

caversham4

Technical User
Apr 7, 2012
GB
I hope someone can help, this is driving me mad..
I am trying to get some ip phones (9620 x 5) working accross a vpn connection via 2 Draytek routers

Site A has a Vigor 2860,internet connection with multi static addresses and is working fine. The IP office (R8) is at site A
Address range 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0, IP office is on 192.168.1.220

Site B has a Vigor 2860, internet connection with multi static addresses and is also working fine.
Address range 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0.

I can get the VPN tunnel up and working using IPSec and can ping and access both routers accross the VPN, but from Site B I cannot ping or open Manager and get back to the IP Office, therfore the IP Phones wont register. I can do both from Site A, I can also ping the IPO from the router at site A and all the phones have been registered at Site A and work fine, I can ping other devices at site A accross the VPN from site B

I am using IPSec but also get the same issue with PPTP, I have diasbled the firewall, checked the routing table all seems fine..

Scratching my head as to why this wont work, any ideas or suggestions would be great..

IP route is probably your issue
What you got set up?

No route in IP Office using the local VPN router as the gateway.

Guys thanks for the advice...

Sometimes its the bleeding obvious that trips you up..

Turns out the IT man had changed the gateway address at Site A about 6 month ago after the IPO was in but before the VPN tunnels were created and didn't let anyone know because "its my network, and only I need to know!!"

Default gateway in IPO...Doh!!

Cheers guys (Intrigant!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back