Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office and CallCentric

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyNJ

Technical User
Dec 7, 2004
US
Hi all!!
I currently have 1 pots line and 1 vonage line. I was thinking of moving to CallCentric and porting all numbers over to this service since I have 5 SIP licenses with the IP office. (Right now I am using Partner).

Any suggestions? Is CallCentric a good SIP provider or should I look elsewhere?

Also - I did sign up for the free test account, but havent tried it yet because I am not sure how to setup the SIP trunk. Anyone with details will help - screenshot or something?

Thanks everyone...

I had them but had to move away from them due to an echo problem. You might want to do a search. Others have also noted an echo problem.

You might want to look at les.net. I have used them since moving from Callcentric and have had very positive results.

I've commented in the past regarding CallCentric. I've been using them for quite some time. They have reasonable customer service (email only, but they do reciprocate you problems they can't fix).

They have a per minute plan that's extremely attractive. The echo is a problem and is isolated to 46xx or 56xx phones only. If you use a standard TDM phone (e.g. 24xx, 64xx, 44xx, etc.) you won't have the echo problem. They have been making changes recently, however, I don't know if any of them addressed the echo problem.

The call quality is very good otherwise. I've noticed that it depends on where you call. I can call within town and everything is perfect or even overseas, however, call Florida and I get a little dropout occasionally. This is not specific to CallCentric as I've had similar problems with others. For incoming only, try DIDWW. EXTREMELY reliable and call quality is superb.

You really can't beat CallCentric's pricing.

Drew

Sounds good to me! The pricing was attractive to me as well, my only issue is I "may" be putting a 56xx IP phone out at my sisters house so she can answer calls for me. Hopefully that will work for me.

PhoneGuyNJ:

I do it all the time. No problem... Generally...
Make sure you have a decent set of firewalls/routers. I use VPN which works for me.

Also, watch your routing. Do not allow direct media path. This can cause problems.

Drew

PhoneGuyNJ,

I highly recommend nexvortex. I've worked with AGN, Call Centric, Bandwidth.com, Voxitas and nexvortex. Of all them nexvortex has been the most reliable.

Nexvortex also has very reasonable rates. As for tech support, I agree with drew2400 that callcentric is very reponsive -- more so than any of the other companies I mentioned.

Our callcentric service has been fine since going to 4.1 and the IP phones upgrading to 2.8.3. Was very problematic on out-going before the upgrade. But I still recommend nexvortex over callcentric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back