Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office analog station ports supporting more ring voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattm

Programmer
May 17, 2012
US
I am working with a possible customer who we are proposing a new IP Office solution. Server edition ( 2 servers in the network ) and IP500v2 chassis as remote chassis to support analog and digital stations in certain areas. The issue is with the analog ports. They only provide 40v ringing but the customer needs the older style voltages. Between 70 and 90 volts. For old analog bell style phones and loud gong style bells. Replacing with digital ringer phones and digital gongs isn't what he wants. The other company he is dealing with has confirmed to him a 70 to 90v ringing support from their devices. So I've look through the Avaya Dev Connect and didn't see much at all.

I can't be alone that this question has ever come up. Anyone here have any suggestions? In my mind I'd like to see maybe a rack mounted device that would take the analog port from the IP Office into it and have a connection on this new device to send the correct voltage down the copper wires. I need it to have high capacity. Most of what I have found has been just inline style units. I have found a few little things on a website called sandman.com

thoughts?

On that same web site the have ring boosters that do 25 at a time.
The 25 Line Ring Voltage Booster™ is a 19” rack mount chassis with 25 pair AMP connectors for input and output. The electronics are exactly the same as our Ring Voltage Booster II™ (above). If you want to make sure this will solve your problem, buy a single line Ring Voltage Booster II™ to see if it will help, before ordering a 25 Line unit.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yeah I did see them. I was just curious if anyone had this pop up before that they knew about and had a "we did this" type solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back