Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 911 Calls Getting Dead Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
IP Office Essential Edition R8.0(53), 1416 phones, Line Appearances

The customer has had repeat issues where, when they try to dial 911, they get dead air and then hang up, thinking the call didn't go out. However, the call is going out because 911 immediately calls them back after they hang up. The customer is going off-hook and then pressing a Line 1/Line 2/etc. key when it happens. I had them go off-hook and dial 911 without pressing a line key, and the call went through normally, so it appears to only be happening when they press a line key. Calls outside the phone system from the DMARC go right through without issue. The 11 and 911 Dial Emergency short codes in the ARS are there, I don't see any odd short codes in the system that would cause an issue, and all Users have been checked and have no short codes on the individual user.

Any ideas? The customer isn't willing to change their dialing habits or switch to Call Appearances, so that solution is out. Thanks in advance!

I would try unplug the line from the IPO and plug it to a POT set and try dial 911. If it does not go thru, then its a carrier issue and you need to call them. if not, then line appearance doesn't use ars. it sends the digit directly to the CO line. you can run a trace on system status and see what is happening.

The calls work normally outside the IPO. I'll run a trace and see what comes up.

I would try a reboot if it is on a PRI, hopefulling the providers Adtran to reset. Last week I had to call the provider to get it to reset, wound up having to pull the plug on the Adtran as it was locked up. The one way calls were happening from the provider side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back