Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 9.1 change from IP Office to Basic I just purchased a new IP Office 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonltgmblr

Technical User
Apr 28, 2008
US
I just purchased a new IP Office 9.1.0.0 437 mu-law. No licensing, just Basic. I powered the system up and it seemed to boot fine. I at the time did not have the appropriate Manager so I did some minor programming from phone (X10) changing only the number of lines appearing on all the phones. I upon connecting via lan port found that when I tried to save basic (which was checked) I got a message that some errors needed to be corrected and I was taken to the interface I normally associate with a system in standard mode. A yellow exclamation mark was flashing next to Country which was identified as United States. It all gets much worse from here... unfortunately, to make a long story short I am currently in IP Office mode and can't get back to Basic. Help!

File> default config or File> offline> create new config.

Just get an essential license so you can have some wheels on your shiny new car.

Save Ferris.

Okay, I tried again to go back to default configuration and this time it worked. This IPO is for a church, no bells or whistles needed...just your plain vanilla key system. Thanks holdmusic34 for responding.

Get vmpro and you could have a prayer hotline campaign. You could be the most collaborative church in your bishopdom.
Priest listens to the prayer (can even call back) and assistants use the address the parishoner leaves to send them a t shirt. Their mates want a T-shirt so they throw a few prayers your way. Soon you need to start selling them. Then you need more priests. More agents. More T-shirt shipments. A website. Two websites. A space program.
A river of gold from vmpro awaits.

Or you could just run basic mode and have the phone in the parish office ring every second Sunday.

Save Ferris.

Check the Preferences in Manager. It's more thanikely set to Default to Standard Mode. Change that, default the system.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

As Sizbut stated, manager preferences by default will send you to standard mode even if you select basic mode.

File>Preferences uncheck default to standard mode

Seems kind of silly to ask you to select a mode, and then by default completely ignore what you selected because of a preference, but that is exactly what IPO Manager does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back