Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 9.1 cannot Unconditional Forward via SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavz7796

Technical User
Apr 29, 2013
US
Hello Guys,

Need some help with Unconditional Forwarding via SIP. I have done this plenty of times, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the SIP configuration as I am new to SIP.

I am not able to unconditionally forward calls at all to any number. I see the invite on the initial call, but the carrier is not seeing the forward on their end. In system status I see the call being seized and then it drops. I made sure that Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer is unchecked.
I can forward a calls manually to a number with no issues.

Any ideas what can be my issue?

Thanks ahead of time!!

exactly how are you doing this as you stated you can manually

Thanks for the reply.

I answer the call, hit transfer and forward the call to my cell. That works with no problem.

Try using twinning instead of forwarding. check if that works.

I have the same issue right now on IPO 7.0(36)
ebedded mail

10 Sip channels

Hunt Group 485
H323 ext 486 - Fwd=> unconditional to "outside" number (Both manually work if directly dialed)

Incoming calls to main HG 200( includes receptionist and backup receptionist)
-Main HG 200 fallback set to:
-night service=> HG 485
-out of service=> HG 485
(currently) Night button on receptionist (201) set to put HG 200 out of service (on/off toggle)

The calls route with night service button off as usual, no problems..
with night service "ON" I get the same problem , System Monitor shows no 2nd line accessed and the call goes to dead air and disconnects at 60 seconds.

I put the Incoming Call Route directly to HG 485( temporarily to test) and I get the same result.

so it all works in pieces but the HG is having an issue implementing the forwarding

HG ring mode = sequential
Agent status on no answer= Any call
Mode= In service
overflow = None
Day service = none
night service= none
out of service =none

I feel the same Chavz7996, I'm just missing a magic trick here that will make it all work. Anyone have a list of protocols or Sip provider specifics that we need to request?

Thanks to all for your time

Jerrberr

I have an 8.1 with SIP trunks through SoTel and just fixed an issue with unconditional forwarding offsite.
Issue was if extension was dialed internally it forwarded just fine, if outside call hit extension it failed ( 404 not found ).
MY fix was my forwarded to # needed a '1' in front of it. Ex: 918015551234, before I didn't have a 1.
I also have a shortcode for this extension of:
9N
Dial
Ns18015551234
Line group 60:SIP
locale US english

MY ARS 60:SIP also has 1N for the tel numbers.

Our SIP carrier requires a 1 before all numbers. Not sure why it worked with internal extension and not for call coming in from the outside, but works now.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the all the help!!! I was finally able to get it to work!!! And yes Jerrberr, It was a little tricky especially documentation from the ISP is incorrect.

My problem was the Forwarding and Twinning option under the SIP line. The carriers documentation said to use Diversion Header.
I changed it to P Asserted ID and I was then able to forward calls when dialing the extension with the Unconditional Forward.
When I set the line into Out of Service, the Main Group falls back to the After Hours HG (which is set to Sequential).
I ran into the problem that the call would not forward once I enabled the night service.
I checked the logs and noticed that the outgoing call would strip off the 9.
I removed the prefix "9" under the SIP and line and finally was able to forward the call.

Thanks guys for the all help!!!

Hope this helps Jerrberr...Who is the Carrier??

ya but you may have just broke calling out from the phone call logs/missed calls log when they hit call

I verified inbound and outbound calling. I am still able to see calls in Monitor. I actually worked with Avaya on resolving the issue and this is what they recommended.
How would this have broken calls?

Hi chavz7796

When you use Diversion Header I think the IPO builds the outbound Invite with the original CLI in the From header. Not all SIP companies will allow this.
Does your SIP provider allow you to use any CLI on your outbound calls?

tslytsly, established 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back