Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 9.1, analog extension to cover digital extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhhClem

Technical User
May 11, 2010
US
Greetings All,

I'm trying to get an analog cordless extension to cover for a fleet manager's desk phone using Coverage or Bridged buttons and I can't get it to respond. I just noticed that internal twinning might be a possibility, one I haven't tried yet. I even tried using group cover with the analog phone as the only member and still no joy. Am I right in thinking that Coverage or Bridged appearance buttons don't work on analog extensions? It seems like they used to in older releases, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your attention, SiriusVoiceRep

Coverage requires a coverage appearance button on the handset so no it does not work on an analog handset (it was different once but you would need to go back to V2.1 ish to see it).

If your fleet manager requires a cordless Extn. to use when he is away form his desk then this is EXACTLY the scenario that twinning is intended for.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thank you for the posts. It was very easy to set up and worked perfectly.

AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back