Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 8.1 Embedded VM can't send via GMail 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxvar

Programmer
Nov 18, 2011
US
I can't get the IPO to send voice mail via email using GMail. IPO is using the Embedded VM. It works fine using a different POP3 with port 25. I also could not get Yahoo mail to work either. Any ideas?

Those services require encryption, the system can't do encrption so it doesn't work. Create a GMX account and use that :)

Register:
Enter the following in the Manager > System > SMTP;

IP: 213.165.64.45
port: 587
email from address: you@gmx.com or .us
server requires auth: ticked
user name; you@gmx.com or .us
password; your password
use challenge response auth: unticked

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

You could always put a GRIP request in....if you like being completely ignored :)

Very nice..thanks for the help

For me, gmx sucks, you constantly have to log into every x amount of days to keep the gmx account active and GMX can be slow to route. I use a local PC running hmailserver and it works fast and instantly, and it's free too, however you'll need a local PC to run this.

See here on how to configure it. Very helpful site.

@qtelcom, never had that problem. Using it for my home IP500V2 (ip406 before) for over 3 years now. I even had it turned of for 1/2 a year and it still works. Can't remember when i logged in on to the GMX site itself.

But it could be you're sending to much mails a day, i only use it for software and other alarms.

Avaya_Red.gif

I never had any issue with gmx either until a recent client. I have had multiple clients using it for years without incident (including myself), but one install about 6 months ago just keeps stopping every week. All it takes is one to drive you nuts.

But that was a bug if im not mistaken.

Avaya_Red.gif

Hi, (semi out of topic)

is GMX still accepting free registrants? I've tried several times but I can't manage to get tru the application :(

GMX is working fine but a little slow sometimes.

You don't need different accounts for your customers. If it's only for system alarms you can just use one generic account as the alarm contains the system name and you will not hit the limit as it's something like 300 an hour, I know because if you do hit the limit you can actually see the message from GMX in monitor saying you have hit the limit and what it is :)

Never hit the 300 limit, I had one small client with a multitech FaxFinder and the clients using gmail, the faxfinder (like IP office) doesn't let you send SMTP email directly via gmail so I used GMX, but the service was slow, with their one page faxes showing up hours later than the when it was faxed. Using Hmailserver on a local dedicated PC fixed the issue.

Btw, not sure what you guys do on small customers for remote support, but on our really small ip office customers that are not using voicemail pro, I always put in a "remote PC" (that's what i call it anyways), it's basically a refurbished old windows xp pro OS (small form factor PC) loaded up with Manager and logmein.com, we set up that PC to automatically boot after any power loss and it's $99. Cheap thing to add to make my life easier to support my customers. On really, really, small customers we just statically assign the IP500v2 to their network and can always do a join.me session for support via the web manager, we do this mostly for muppet mode customers since that at least has the built in web manager.

Avaya has said specifically that they will not address this because of the limits on export of software containing encryption capabilities to certain countries.

If you can find an older PC, preferably one that is always left on you can do this instead:

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Mitel are doing it with the 5000 and they export to all the same countries :)

I didn't say that they couldn't but I am sure that there are requirements that they must put in place if they intend on doing it. Something that they apparently don't feel is necessary at this point.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

a simple solution would be to run an MTA (Mail transport Agent) locally & have that relay the msg to gmail.
any basic Linux installation on even the cheapest hardware should be able to achieve this (Raspberry PI anyone?)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

We have a similar issue where we use google (Gmail) to host our domain. I installed the Hmailserver program on a cheap PC and I tried to follow the instructions via Kyle's link above. I installed the Hmailserver PC with an ip 192.168.33.122. The IP500v2 is on 192.168.33.123. I put the hmailserver IP address on the SMTP form of the IPO (embedded). Our domain is schoolsetc.com. My email, joe@schoolsetc.com is hosted by Gmail. There is also Sue@schoolsetc.com and more. We made an account called voicemail@schoolsetc.com for sending voicemails. When I follow the Hmailserver link I'm at a loss as where to program the route to get the message from the HMailserver PC off to Gmail? For that matter, I dont see it on the incoming log of the Hmailserver. Can someone give me a headsup on how this can be completed?

Thanks!
Joe

Hoping to bump this to see if anyone has an answer. I'm pulling the last few threads of hair out with this one.
Joe

I turned on the monitor and left a voicemail. It shows where the Email woke up, but nothing sent. The domain is correct. The HmailServer never sees anything come in... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

274530mS RES: Sun 5/11/2000 01:46:59 FreeMem=68980412(1) CMMsg=5 (7) Buff=200 959 999 7461 5 Links=3399
274530mS RES2: IP 500 V2 6.0(14) Tasks=37 RTEngine=0 CMRTEngine=0 ExRTEngine=0 Timer=44 Poll=0 Ready=0 CMReady=0 CMQueue=0 VPNNQueue=0 Monitor=1 SSA=0 ASC=1 SYS=MNTD OPT=UMNT SDSPD=2034
277649mS CMMap: a=21.42 b=0.0 T0
277652mS CMMap: a=6.1 b=21.42 CheckSpeechPathMonitor (pcp[44]b1r0) unregister
277652mS PRN: Confer DSP: disabled DTMF detector 0
277652mS PRN: Confer DSP channel 0: freed DTMF detector 0, 24 free
277652mS CMMap: PCG::UnmapBChan pcp[44]b1r0 cp_b f5a3c874 other_cp_b f5a45718
277653mS CMMap: a=6.1 b=21.42 M0
277653mS CMMap: PCG::UnmapBChan pcp[103]b0r1 cp_b 0 other_cp_b 0
277653mS H323Evt: RTP(END): 192.168.26.123/49152 192.168.26.125/51168 CODEC=Ulaw64K(5) PKTSZ=160 RFC2833=off AGE=24624 SENT=1161 RECV=1166 RTdelay=0 jitter=0 loss=0 remotejitter=0 remoteloss=0
277654mS CMMap: a=6.1 b=0.0 Mapper::FreeCodec freed CMRTVocoder resource busy 1, total 32
277728mS LVM(email): VM Email request added to queue - size = 1
[highlight #FCE94F]277730mS LVM(email): LvmEmailManager woken up...
277730mS LVM(email): LvmEmailManager wake up SMTP...
277730mS LVM(email): LvmEmailManager snoozing...
277732mS LVM(email): SMTPServer woken up...
277733mS LVM(email): SMTPServer snoozing...[/highlight] 283529mS RES: Sun 5/11/2000 01:47:08 FreeMem=69044152(1) CMMsg=5 (7) Buff=200 959 999 7463 5 Links=3482
283530mS RES2: IP 500 V2 6.0(14) Tasks=37 RTEngine=0 CMRTEngine=0 ExRTEngine=0 Timer=44 Poll=0 Ready=0 CMReady=0 CMQueue=0 VPNNQueue=0 Monitor=1 SSA=0 ASC=1 SYS=MNTD OPT=UMNT SDSPD=2034

********** Warning: Logging to Screen Stopped **********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back