Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 6 and Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ6

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm new to Avaya (Cisco rules OK :D ). Is it possible to use Exchange 2010 for Unified Messaging with IP Office 6?

Cheers

Rich.

You want to use Exchange UM as the voicemail or you want to have UM features while using Avaya's voicemail that is integrated with Exchange?

Voicemail Pro will utilize the Exchange message store for voicemail storage and synchorize voicemail/email and telephone message waiting lights if that is what you are asking.

If you want to know if you can utilize the Exhchange UM feature with IP Office then yes although it is not officially supported and you will need a gateway from Audiocodes or Dialogic and trust me you want it to be T1 not analog. I've done it using other products as well but you'll be on your own to figure those out.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"I have one speed, I have one gear...GO!!!" - Charlie Sheen

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I am trying to utilize Exchange 2010 as the store and have the phones sync with it. I have 100 mailboxes and only one is working properly. Just so happens that it's my mailbox (Network Admin with permissions) that is working the way it should but no others. Does it have anthing to do with permissions? I can click the voicemail in outlook and the waiting indicator will go off and mark it unread and have it come back on. It works perfectly, just only on mine!

I have Exchange setup per the Avaya Exchange 2007 documentation (2010 not documentation not released yet). I have Unified messaging enabled on each mailbox. Does it have anything to do with the PIN that is generated when the mailboxes are UM enabled?

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back