Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 V2 Hunt Group Queue Length not working with VoiceMail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTGump64

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2017
US
I have an IP Office 500 V2 with Voicemail Pro in Intuity mode. I have created a Hunt Group with Queuing On and Queue Length of 1. Queuing does seem to be working as additional calls after the first queued call do not go to voicemail. Here is my configuration:

1. Hunt Group defined in IP Office
a. Ring Mode = Collective Call Wiating
b. Queuing is on, Queue Length is 1, Normalize Queue Lenght is checked
c. Voicemail is not enabled in IP Office, voicemail is handled in Voicemail Pro by Queued flow.
d. Announcements are on, wait before 1st is 20 seconds, Post announcement is music on hold, Repeat last announcement checked, Wait before repeat = 20 seconds - this all works
e. Voicemail Node Short Code defined to pass call through Voicemail pro

2. Have standard call flow in Voicemail Pro
a. Initial menu option to present options
b. Transfer to Hunt Group Queue
c. Hunt Group has Queued call flow with initial menu and option to leave message

Testing

1. I called the hunt group from a cell phone and answered the call from my desk phone.
2. While the desk phone was still off hook (call still active), I called the Huntgroup from 2 other phones. Both additional calls went into the queue instead of Voicemail.

Any suggestions

Hmm..

Are the calls going directly to the hunt group
OR
Are the calls going to an Auto attendant first before being transferred to the hunt group.

Point 2 says you have a standard call flow in voicemail pro with a menu.

If so then that is the issue,
The AA is answering the call first..not the hunt group directly.
I think The queue length only works when the call comes in directly to the Hunt group.

If the AA is answering then there is no restriction on the calls being answered except for the number off ports available.

Disable "Synchronize calls" if enabled, this disables the use of call flow programming in "Queued" and "Still Queued" actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back