Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 v2 embedded vm to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgh72

Technical User
Jan 22, 2008
US
I am working on a a r 8.0.16. I am trying to get vm to email to work and i am not having any luck.
I added the ip of the mail server and the name of the mail server in the email tab. When i add the name it gives me an eror. Is this normal ?

you don't add the name of the server. You add the IP address and the FROM email address. What error is it giving you?

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Just the usual red x .
I found the mail server address by pinging the name of their mail server. It may be wrong. Thier it people keep telling me that they do not have an ip address. I also added the uswer name and password for authentication and also a ip route.

If you hover over the red X it will tell you what is wrong. And EVERYTHING has an IP address.

Is this a hosted email server? If so you may not have much luck using VM to email without a relay server in between.

I use hMailServer as a relay and it has worked with everything but one provider.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back