Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 SIP trunk re-registration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

technicaluser4

Technical User
Dec 28, 2006
MT
Hi,

I have registered with a SIP provider and everything works well until after 10 hours or so the IPO stops registering with the provider.

When this happens the IPO does not try any more to register with the provider however outgoing calls can be placed. The provider told me that they can see that the reigistration stops and that outbound calls can be made without registration.

Does anyone knows which of the paramters shall I fine tune so that the IPO?
Registration is ticked on and RE-INVITE is ticked off.

Thanks.

This was an issue on 4.0/4.1 on Lan2. either upgrade or use LAN1. In some cases if you set the sip lan port to NONE rather than Lan1 or 2 it also fixed.

There is a special build for this issue, created per my request. The build nr is 4.2(172202). We had the same problem with Voiceworks (and Asterisk).

It's kind of a long story but the bottom line is a 'bug' in the sip messaging, specifically Cseq numbers which should be incremented in sequential register messages but are not. This build fixed that issue. Permanent fix will come in next quarterly build.

Ask your distributor for it! :)

Peter

Hey Peter...thank you very much for this.
I will check how to obtain this build.

Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back