Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 QoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleggrk

MIS
Feb 24, 2005
Hello All,

My question is about IP Office 500 QoS markings. I am pretty sure I saw RTP traffic coming in/out of IP Office 500 marked DSCP 46 before. Now when I'm using network analyzer, none of the traffic has DSCP set and the only change we made recently was new SIP Trunking setup on LAN2. Can this be a problem? LAN1 traffic has no DiffServ markings at all...

Thanks,

Oleg

Are you passing RTP traffic on LAN1 as well as LAN2? Traffic out of the IP Office that is not voice is not tagged at all, much less as 46 EF.

If you are seeing VoIP/RTP traffic on LAN1, such as to IP phones, that is not tagged check your System>LAN1>Gatekeeper and insure that DSCP is set to 46 (SIG DSCP 34).

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

This is exactly what I have under LAN1->Gatekeeper... H.323 Gatekeeper Enable is checked, SIP Proxy Enable is also checked...
By the way, software version is 4.1 (15) - does this make a difference?

I found the problem - network switch was removing tags from the pockets.... All good now, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back