Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 DTE port maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwadswor

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
US
Having a problem with an IPO 500...

I have 2 DS-8 boards, and 2 Legacy boards, each with an ATM-4.

When I boot up, in SSA I see the two ATM4's and the two DS-8's, but in Manager, no lines appear on the "Lines" form.

I have tried swapping which module bay the cards are in, (3&4 with 1&2), defaulting the box, and finally preforming DTE port maintenance, all to no avail.

To complicate matters, during DTE port maintenance, I entered the following:

AT-X3
AT-X2
AT-X1
AT-X

At AT-X the system responded:
"Erase Main Image Storage Area"

Now, the 500 will not boot at all!

I have connected it to a PC running manager with a static IP (192.168.42.2), and I get a BOOTP request, but Manager says it can't process the request.

Any ideas on either problem - the lines or the DTE port maintenance??

I'm stuck!

Jon

Reread the documentation on DTE port maintenance.

Unless Avaya has drastically changed the process for the IP500, the process is:

AT
AT-X
AT-X2
AT-X3

You should have the control unit also plugged in to your TFTP server at this time.

Another tip: last time I had issues with DTE port maintenance, I was told by Avaya to try the whole process a number of times before giving up. When I asked them to clarify "a number of times" I was told ten or more.

I eventually got it to work using a different PC. Other things to try are deleting the bootp entry (only after you've got the correct MAC address) and creating a new one. Also make sure that your .bin file directory is set properly in Manager.

Another tip: last time I had issues with DTE port maintenance, I was told by Avaya to try the whole process a number of times before giving up. When I asked them to clarify "a number of times" I was told ten or more.

I eventually got it to work using a different PC. Other things to try are deleting the bootp entry (only after you've got the correct MAC address) and creating a new one. Also make sure that your .bin file directory is set properly in Manager.

Also try configuring your Manager PC with a static IP more like 192.168.42.20 - not so close to that being used by the IP500. This seems silly, but can make a difference.

FIREWALL??????

Have your PC connected with a new BOOTP record pointing at the correct file and power cycle the IPO.

Good luck.

Jamie Green

IPO ACA:Implement

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Got it.

Apparently something was screwed up with the BootP in Manager.

I downloaded a different BootP server, and the 500 downloaded the file immediately.

Apparently, the IPO 500's responses to DTE commands (AT-X, etc) are different, but the result is the same.

Also, I figured out a solution to the lines problem, as well; which I'll post here in case it helps somebody else in the future.

I created an offline config with Manager, and then sent the config to the IPO.
Not sure why the ATM4 wasn't detected properly in the first place, but at least it's working now.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back