Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 Dialing Wrong Digits On POTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2006
US
We have recently installed a new IP Office 500 in one of our sites. This site has 8 analog lines that are connected to the IP office that work for both inbound and outbound calls. All of the users have 5610 IP Phones.

We are having a very strange issue on outbound calls. About 10% of the time, if a user dials an outside number, they are getting connected to the wrong number. For example, If a user dials 9 1 555 333 1234 , they may get connected to 555 333 1224 . I have looked in the logs and have verified that they are dialing the correct number. This seems to happen at random, I can not pin it down to a single line, number or user.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I would re-create the issue, write down the # you called and the time you called it, then I could call your provider and let them know of the issue.

Have you been able to narrow it down to one particular line it happens on consistently?

It seems to happen on any of the 8 lines, and it is hard to recreate. I think it has something to do with the IP Office, as the old PBX they had did not have the same issue.

Everyone loves to blame the pbx. sysmon traps will sort it.

It's people like you who generalize.

Have a look at the 46xxsettings.txt file, i think they use the "call logs" for the 10% of the time.

## Long distance access code
SET PHNLD 1
##
## National telephone number Length
## For example, 800-555-1111 has a length of 10.
## SET PHNLDLENGTH 10
##
## Outside line access code
## The number you press to make an outside call.
SET PHNOL 9

after changing it give the phone a reboot.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Bas1234,

Thanks for the info, I am going to give it a try!

I had something similar happen on a system with line appearance (yuck) and the guy dialing hit the line button and then dialed so fast that it intermittently skipped the first few digits.
Never had it that the IPO dials something it has not been programmed one way or another. Check you ARS for some weird shortcodes

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

hmmm... o.k.

Use system monitor unless of course you are a Tard then it IS the fault of the pbx.

Had the same thing on a 406 about a year ago. Thought the user was crazy.
Then they started complaining about static on some calls.
Ended up replacing the 406 unit and all resolved.

I think i mist something here, and you were missing the 91 instead of the number changing from 1234 into 1224;

9 1 555 333 1234 , they may get connected to 555 333 1224

What type of lines do you have?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back