Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 5.0 - IP Extension with un Forwarding - Transfer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xterest

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2007
US
Hey Guys,

I have an IP Office that has about 10 virtual IP extension that have no physical phone. Each of these 10 extensions have unconditional forwarding enabled on them and they all forward to the respective users mobile number.

-When you dial these numbers internally they work fine and you call the users mobile number.

-When you use an auto attendent, and setup a blind transfer to these extension, the call gets routed to the cell phone as well.

The problem i am having is when someone call the receptionist, and she wants to transfer the call to one of these extension, she cannot use the transfer button to do so.

-When you press transfer, and dial the forwarded extension, if you hang up, you will hang up on the remote extension and the orginal party will still be on hold.

-If you press transfer, enter extension and wait for the call to start ringing, again once you hang up, iyou will hang up on the remote extension and the orginal party will still be on hold.

Pretty much it will not let you press transfer the second time once you dial the forwarded extension to transfer. Its like its disabled, it wont do anything no matter how many times you press it.

Is there a way to blind transfer the call to the forwarded extension similair to how it would work in an Auto Attendant?

Or is there a better way to do this with the forwarded extsnions?

Thanks in advance.

-

Is forward internall calls also ticked? :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Here is image from config.

Forwardimage.jpg

does it work if the receptionist connects the call to the mobile, like an announced transfer, before hitting transfer?

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

The Inhibit-Off Switch Forward Transfer is not ticked, also if the receptionist hits transfer while on the call and dials the extension, it will ring, once the receiving party picks up, you can spam the transfer button all you want, but nothing happens.

Transfer works fine on normal non forwarded extensions.

Here is a breakdown of the system:
The system is running 5.0(15).
Has 2x Digital 8, 2x ATM 4 trunk cards, and VCM 32/4
The virtual extensions are H323 IP extension with no phones.

I tried this setup on another system 5.0(8) and I get the same issue.

Sounds like the system isn't seeing the call as ringing or connected status, what does SSA show as the state of the call while you do this?

Yes, in essense, its from 1 analog trunk to another. the incoming call comes in on an analog trunk and then gets forwarded out another trunk to the cell phone.

No it was not, i will try and let you know my results. Hopefully that was it :)

I tought about that, but if that's the case the following would not have worked:
"-When you use an auto attendent, and setup a blind transfer to these extension, the call gets routed to the cell phone as well."

Oh well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back