Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office 412 call listen from off site

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDPhoneGuy

Programmer
Jul 21, 2004
US
We have a client that is insistent on listening to calls that we are making for them. How can I configure the IP office to allow a remote monitor a call?
Sorry I don’t have the version number in my hands. We also have Voicemail pro if that could be a workaround.

Thanks,
-John

John

I have a possible solution but am unsure whether it is suitable for you because we have solved a similar issue on only on a small scale (25 Users). If you are a large outsourced call centre then it will be cost prohibitive as it involves using bespoke patch panels (which are about £200 per 24 port panel) and an extenral (non-avaya) listening device.

If you could elaborate a little more about your set-up I will post more in-depth info if appropriate.

We currently have small contact center that the management wants to grow with out spending any money.
We are using 4412ds for the agent phones. We have Voice Mail Pro and are using a CTI enabled call scripting software (TAPI based)
My ideal solution would be that the customer dials in, enters an assigned PIN and then can monitor calls until they hang up. We only have one agent handling the program so I was tempted to try and change Remote Manager to be the monitoring point.
I will look into the bespoke but I doubt they will open the wallet.
Thanks for your Help

The VMPro supports some automatic call recording. Unless the client absolutely wants to hear calls as they occur, you could setup access to a mailbox of call recordings.

We currently have small contact center that the management wants to grow with out spending any money."

I have some magic beans that, if you plant under the raised floor in your computer room, will cause your call center to grow exponentially overnight! And I'll give you a really good deal on them too :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back