Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 403 with IP 4606 handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferlm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
ES
Hello.
I have installed a IP Office 403 with 25 IP 4606 Handsets.

I have a problem, because the phones are reseting randomly every few minutes.

I have tried with many software version of phones and IP Office.

Now i have the version 1.3(34) in the IP Office and 1.72 in the phones.

I have tried to connect the phones to an IP600 in the same location, and the phones run OK.

I have changed the IP Office and the problem is the same.

Then i believe that the problem is in the communication beetwen the IP Office and the IP 4606 phones.

Anybody has this problem?
Any idea?

Best regards
Fernando

If the phone is registering correctly initialling then reseting, the phone is loosing IP connectivity to the IP Office, try to isolate the IP Office and 4606 from network broadcasts. As a test, plug the 4606 directly into the Hub on the IP403 and don't uplink the IP403 to your data switches. Then watch the phone to see if the same issue arises again, if it does, ensure the IP Office is not being rebooted or having power failures, because these will cause the phone to unregister as well.

If the 4606 still has the same problem, then you have have a faulty IP403.

Thank you,
Frank Mirecki

Do you have any Call Park buttons programmed onto the IP Phones? I ran into an issue with Release 1.3 software on Release 1.72 IP Phones that would reset the system whenever someone parked a call. I don't remember exactly what release of 1.3 software...I think it was 2 release off of the current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back