Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 400, new PRI, outgoing works, incoming does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhshane

MIS
Dec 12, 2005
US
Newbie to IP Office. Used to working on Definity systems.

Equipment: IP Office 406 DS, V3.1

PRI from Cbeyon telco provider
6 trunks of the PRI being used

I can call my cell from a digital station, ext 114, and the main number is displayed. When I call the main number back I get "You have reached a non-working number".

Under Line I see one option with the number 5 by it.
When I open the config for this I see the config listed below. I confirmed the Line config is correct with telco:
Switch Type: NI2
LineSub: PRI
Provider: Local Telco
Prefix: 9
Framing:ESF
Zero Suppression: B8ZS
Clock Quality: Network
Line Compression: LongHaul 0dB
Line Signaling: CPE (telco did not recognize this)
Incoming digits: 4

Line Number: 05 (greyed out, think I need to change to 6)
Channel Allocation: 1 -> 23

How can I change Line Number to 06

Inbound calls grab first line and work down Outbound grabs last line works up. I think 1 -> 23 is correct based on that. Should I change Channel Allocation to 23 ->1?

I took channels 6-23 out of service. Telco providing 6 trunks but since Line Number is greyed out at 5 I took #6 out too.

Under Incoming Route I have the following:
Line Grp id: 0
Incoming #: blank
Destination: 114 (phone by the terminal)

Line Grp id: 0
Incoming #: 7430 (main line)
Destination: 114 (phone by the terminal)

What am I missing? Telco swears it is a problem with the switch, but the message "this number is not a working number" is from telco. Only time I have seen that is when telco has something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm so sorry. Real newbie here. Did not realize I had to save config and reboot.

Incoming calls are now working.

Line Number still shows 05 though. Does that mean the system thinks only 5 lines are working from Telco or do the lines start numbering with 00 thus 00-05= 6 lines?

Thanks.

That's just a randomly generated number for the line not an indication of it's configuration or state :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Thanks. Everything seems to be working properly so I will stop worrying. Any gotchas or tips for a new admin to IP Office?

Thank you for the tips. I will heed both of them.

crazyotter -

You need to remember the difference between lines and channels. A PRI is a single line, but up to 23 (+1 control) channel.

On the Channels tab, however many you've enabled (which should match your license) is how many channels are available for calls.

Thanks Team503.

Cbeyon, the telco provider, says they are providing 6 "trunks" or a PRI. For me that can only mean they are providing 6 channels. That being the case was I correct in taking channels 7-23 out of service? Or would the IP Office figure it out on its own?

Under the Line category in the main window of Manager there is one entry titled 05. When I open it the first field is titled "Line" and the field is greyed out with "05" in it.

Does that mean the system is licensed for up to 5 lines or was that just the name the original programmer gave it?
I added another line and name it 06. Based on that I think the 05 is just the name. Threw me off though to see Line:05 in the system.

Do have that right?

Thanks.

The IP office will not use channels it knows are not in service automatically, but by taking them out of service in programming you are stopping the associated error from showing up in System Status App. Lines are not licenced in the IP office with the exception of SIP trunks. When you add another PRI/ATM card the IP office will number it for you, IP trunks you can number manually :-0

Cool. Thanks for the info. Have a great day.

No worries, above I meant IP trunks (H323 and SIP) were licenced not just SIP trunks...but you get the idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back