Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 4.1 Hide CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzuser

Technical User
Jul 14, 2007
GB
I want to hide the cli on outgoing calls

Each user has there own DDI and i want to stop the cli being sent out.. can i do this

plus could i present 0870 number instes

Currently they dont dial 9

?
dial
.W

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes you can hide the CLI, but only as long as your providor supports it, by putting a W at the end of the telephone number field in the shortcode they are using to dial out, you do not send out the 0870 that translation is done in the exchange so again you need to speak to your providor for this :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

lol as tlpeter has so eliquently posted above :)

Bril that works.. can i not tell it to send any local or nat number then,, do i have to contact the provider to send any numbers out ?

No, you can send any number that you own, so either your main bearer number or a DDI/DID. This is again providor dependant but they pretty much all do. As an example we own 5275000 so we do the following

SC ?
Feature - Dial
Tel number - .s5275000

that sends out 5275000 on all calls, so try it with a number you own :)

You can then ask your providor...BT? to send/translate the 0870 number instead of the number you are sending :)

Again thanks... if you add in the trunks pri line then Telephone number you can send out a 0870 number

the .s short code :)

No, BT/providor will translate 0870 123456 to one of your standard numbers coming in e.g 5275000 so the system see's the call as coming in on 5275000 it has no knowledge of any 0870 number, you can ask BT/providor that when you send 5275000 to change that to be presented as 0870 123456, the IP office can't send it out :)

No, BT/providor will translate 0870 123456 to one of your standard numbers coming in e.g 5275000 so the system see's the call as coming in on 5275000 it has no knowledge of any 0870 number, you can ask BT/providor that when you send 5275000 to change that to be presented as 0870 123456, the IP office can't send it out

Actually - not quite right :)

The service required from BT is called "Presentation Number" and this is a chargeable service.

The presentation number replaces the default outbound cli. So if you send an invalid CLI (i.e. one that you are not entitled to send) teh excahnge will send the presentation number. If you have a DDI range of 123450 to 123459 then you can send using the S setting in a shortcode

?
.S123450 (or 1,2,3 ...9)

and this will be displayed correctly

If you try to send
?
.S123460 You will get your presentation number.

So I usually program these up as
?
.S0870123456 - which is an invalid CLI

But the exchnage sends the 0870 as default.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Either way...it's BT :)

Hang on, we have a site that's a Business centre and several of their cliets have their DDI's attached to 0870 numbers, not just the main bearer number :)

You sure that it is a BT circuit?

Take Care

Matt

Yes, there are at least 3 different companies with 0870 or similiar numbers associated with diferent DDI's :)

Thinking though I'm not sure if they all display the 0870 or if it's just an inward thing, I'll check on Monday :)

we had that at my old company. there were 4 0870 numbers and they all presented when the relevant extns dialed out. bt isdn30 but the billing was with a different company, might have been something to do with them.

I've always been told that BT will only allow one presentation number.

However It seems that other people have experiences that suggest otherwise.

>but the billing was with a different company, might have been something to do with them

I doubt that the bill raising company have anything to do with it - apart from being a layer of abstraction between you and BT (sometimes a good thing)

Take Care

Matt

Get SIP lines - then you can display any number you "own".

I played about with our system setup so that if we dial out with a 6 perfix it will display our mobile number (but this number can be any number). We just have to sign an agreement with the SIP provider saying any number we display we have the legal right to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back