Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office 2.1.41 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodlee

Technical User
Jul 15, 2005
i'm after some feed back on this software level as i upgraded a site to 2.1.35 and have had all sorts of problems with slt's not ringing and cli not being displayed correctly and even voicemail messages saying that the message was left by the extn that transfered the call to someones voicemail.(all really wierd)

but before i upgrade to this level as i have been advised by my tech support i want to check into it's known problems.

any help will be great.

thanks

lee

Hello,

Please can you point me in the direction of this update.

We are having the same issues.

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam

sorry mate just found out that it isn't released yet but due out this month.

so sorry for wasting peoples time.

cheers

lee

Hello Lee,

Have you upgraded to 2.1.44

If so, have you had any problems?

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi guys. I am having the same problems on 2.1(31) has upgrading resolved the issues for you?

Hi Beefy

the problem appears to be right through the software fom 2.1.31 up to the latest level i would recomend stay with the software levels prior the these releases

regards
woody

Version 2 was changed so much, that if you changed your firmware without changing your Manager version to match, the software corrupted very easily.

This lead to, as you say, problems which were "all really wierd".

The answer is to always program your unit with the Manager version which is designed for your firmware version. To fix a corrupted config file, I'm afraid it's a rewrite.

I suggest you backup your config, and upgrade your Manager, firmware and Voicemail to the August releases (2.0(44)). Then run your IP Office through the wizard and redo the config. I'm sure you'll find your problems go away.

Also consider the benefits of version if it's possible. Much more benefits and new features. We're up to 3.0(59) and it's pretty good!

i believe the 2.1.44 has a known issue's with cli and ringng on slt so i think this is more the problem than corruption as i have new installs programmed with the same version manager and system fileshave the problem which i have curretly logged with avaya.

regards

woody

The system was upgraded with the correct manager program it the other 2 computers that have manager were also upgraded at the time. So I doubt that my config is corrupt. Woody will you let me know if you get any responce from Avaya.

What version did you upgrade from ?

I have had some issues when i try to skip too many versions when upgrading.

As mytelecoms said the best way is to rewrite if suspecting some sort of corruption. Although i have had some success when upgrading through multiple versions ie. 1.3.37 - 2.0.18 - 2.1.15 - 2.1.44

i know it sounds long winded but better than rewriting but a pain if doing 8 sites like i did yesterday/today with a combo of 406 and 403's

Upgraded from 2.0(18) to 2.1(31) this was arranged from my maintainer. We run a 412 here although I have a 403 on another site but I have not upgraded this yet as there was more to do with the additional patch to go on 1st.

Just as a sanity check, 2 weeks ago we were having issues with the remote IP phones, Avaya support recommended to update from 2.1.15 (for known issues) to 2.1(44) because it’s a more stable version along with Vmail pro to 2.1.20 and the IP office Manager. Since them we have lost the inbound CLI (running on PRI not a T1. As I learned there is also issues with T1’s, and 3.0(x) versions), and the IP phones are loosing their registration, and not re-registering gracefully to the system (another thread). Does anyone know if there is a patch/release to fix these issues on 2.15(44), and also has anyone found other issues affecting this version. Ill like to know ahead of my users.

Cheers all;

Seems to work fine so far for me. I suspect your CLI issues have been discussed on here recently with new versions and disabled protocols.

I personally found 2.1(15) to be quite stable if not using certain features. Keep it on this if so.

IP phones seem to be ok when upgraded to the correct firmware and network working well.

2.1(15) was prown to TFTP lockup if used with VM Pro
this would prevent downloading of the cfg & stop useres from changing various functions from the handset (DND etc.)

Currently I would advise V2.1(27) as the least propblematic version of V2.1 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back