Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 2.0 Small Office Edition resetting constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritz43

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2003
AU
Unit has started rebooting itself constantly. This was after loading a new config.

Any way to default the unit back easily or stop this?

Cheers

Mike

My unit is requesting for p8.bin but it doesn't exist in the directory or anywhere else for that matter. Does anyone have this file they can email me? I've checked the CD's and Admin install....

This is for a IPO-Small Office Edition (4-8-0-3 configuration and, obviously, v2.0)

Thanks
Phil

The AT-X command erases the sytem firmware & should not be used excpet when all else ha failed, however the system can be recovered

1: set the IP address of your manager pc to 192.168.42.2

2: edit the Bootp entry for your system a follows

Mac = the Mac address of your unit
IP Adress = 192.168.42.1
File name = ip401ng.bin

the unit dshould now download the correct fimware , use view/tftp log to monitor progress, this utility can also be used to obtain the mac address if unknown

Good luck

Yep, this was a last resort and I took it on myself to give the file you mention a try as I noticed the name when looking in the Unit branch in manager previously. It worked and you have just confirmed it for me.

Thanks
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back