Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip NCP Change, it could affect my service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchavarria

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
MX
Hi,

I have a NBX 3000 whit 200 users, I need change the actual NBX IP Address (10.11.2.210) and use the new IP add 10.11.2.150, my cuestion is, it could affect the service?, i need to configure all my ip phones to the new NCP address?, do yuo have any procedure to do that??, thenks in advance and please tell me if you need more information.
Ramses

Yes, it will affect your service because you have to reboot the NBX to change the IP address.

If you have any remote phones configured with a static IP you will have to update the configuration. Make sure that if you are using option 184 on a DHCP server that you update that as well.

If all phones are local and in Ethernet mode, you do not have to change anything. Just update the IP on the NBX and reboot.

Another thing to remember is that you will need to update your pool of IP addresses that the NBX will use for IP-On-the-Fly.

Also remember that if you have any PRI's you might need to also update the IP address on them also. This might be fixed in the newer code but there was a problem that the PRI's needed it's own IP address to route calls across a router.

If you have multiple sites you need to remember to update the far sites pointer back to this NBX in the dial plan.

I just did this, 20 NBX sites, swapped out the main site with a New V3001R and changed the IP at the same time. Then connected to each site and changed the few lines in the DP for the new IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back