Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darr3n

Technical User
Nov 10, 2005
CA
Hi,

We have a Nortel Sucession 1000, running release 3.0
Can anyone tell me how I can check the status of our IP licenses i.e. how many are in use, how many are left. And also how to add more licenses?

Thanks all.

if you go into load 11. it is printed out in the banner the amount of Internet telephones you have been used and the amount you have available. you would have to purchase licenses from your vendor or Nortel. But you load the license in load 143.

Excellent, thank you. This is the information it came back with:

INTERNET TELEPHONES AVAIL: 9 USED: 371 TOT: 380

Is there anyway I can confirm all 371 phones are in use? It's obviously a waste to have an IP License associated with a phone that is no longer in use/connected.

Thanks again for you help.

Darren

Do you have a signal server installed in your environment?

Yes we do, that's the server that the IP phones associate themselevs with right? S1 & S2 on the phone's config?

Not exactly...
S1 is the node TLAN ip@. In the node there are your 2 SS and Media cards. S2 may be used if you have another node where your IP set may also be configured, in case your local PBX is down.

if you have a signaling server then log into element manager and under system status select IP telephony and then select Gen CMD on the sig server and from the drop down menu select IPSETShow. this will show you all the sets that are register. This should match the amount of set program in PBX.

Thanks Spanton, will give that a shot today!

try also LD 22, do SLT command,check IP users,you need key code to add license,in LD 22 you can only see the Virtual TN configured for IP phones,you can double check how many IP users are registred on SigServer,using IpSetShow command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back