Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP LDK20 - simple analog 4 way setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnethead

Technical User
Nov 25, 2014
IE
Hi there,
I got an IP LDK20 but want to use it with one standard analog line in and 4 SLT's attached...I managed to login into the system but I've never messed with telco stuff before :) can someone give me a guiding hand in the right direction please.
I just want to dump this device down to a simple PBX :)
please see attached for info, and ask anything you need.
Thanks

53e41bb7-d1d4-459b-bcbf-b32d3cf4d448_zps1d6f5e88.jpg

You would first need to check if you have a BRI or LCOB system , If it has a BRI card you can't connect one analogue line to it without the LCOB .

Hi Jmcevoy,

I have a list of the cards, on the right of the picture above, Are you talking about the main board? If I post a picture of the side of the device will you be able to tell? I see above there is a LCOB4 board?

BRI is an ISDN system? I think..... ON the in port is says LCO1/LCO2 LCO3/LCO4

Could I get that info from the program above? or do I need to open it? (I have pictures of the internals circuit boards also if you need)

Thanks for your help

Let me just be sure - your ports on the system

The lines say LCO1/2 and LCO 3/4 ?
The first row of stations say DKT1 then DKT/SLT 2-4, then SLT 5-8?
If so, you can do what you want with this system, however there is a catch.

If you just want to plug 1 analog line in as your Exchange line, you can do this, but it will be either Line 02 or Line 04, depending what jack you put it in.
In PCADM, you can move all the other lines 1, 3 and 4 to another CO Group in CO Attributes I - PGM 141.
Depending on your Flex Number planning, will depend if you have to push 9 or 0 for line out (Default programming is 9 for line out)

This should allow you to dial out now.

SLTs should be plugged directly in to SLT jacks, SLT 5-8.
Assign station number or use default station numbering in PGM 104.

Let me know how you go with that :)

Thanks 2311angel :)
"The first row of stations say DKT1 then DKT/SLT 2-4, then SLT 5-8?" you are bang on with that!!

I'm reading your post very slowly, I think I can follow it, so I'll plug the Analog line into LCO1/2 and go to the software and congfigure for line 2. (Gotta move 1,3 and 4 to another group or they interfere)

I've no problem pressing 9 for an outside line, and plug all the ananlog phones into SLT 5-8

one thing I've noticed, the Lithium Bios battery is dead, and it's welded onto the contacts strips that are soldered on the board ....(So I'll have to sort this out before updating the config)

Do you think I should update the Firmware or is there no point for what I'm trying to do? :)

Thanks again
Nathan

Whilst I do not think there is a need to update the firmware for the purposes you are using the system for, from the screenshot, you are using Software 2.1, rel. Mar/06

The latest firmware is Version C.9Ec / 3.9Ec
You can get it from here : [Page in Spanish]
Go to section FIRMWARE IPLDK-20/LDK-20 COMPACT and choose » Firmware ipLDK-20/LDK-20 Compact Empresa (3.9Ec) [2.364 KB]

The battery from memory is for the time on the phones when the power goes out. Always keep a backup of your database!!

Here is a more detailed set of instructions for what you want to do:
Let me know if you need even more help and I will see what I can do to help you.

Connect CO Line
In order for the capability for the system to serve 4 lines through 2 jacks, the system shares 2 lines per LCO jack. A cable needs to be terminated to be able to use Lines 1 AND 2. If you plug a line directly in, that is not run through a KRONE terminating block or equivilant, you will automatically use Line 2, or in the instance of LCO 3/4, Line 4.

Summary: Plugging a line directly in to LCO 1/2 will be connected as CO Line 2

Move Not Connected CO lines to other group
In PCADM, open PGM141 - CO Line attribute I
Double Click CO Line 1, and choose the first option "CO GROUP" to 2. Repeat process for CO Lines 3 and 4

End Result: CO Lines 1, 3 and 4 should be in CO Group 2, and Line 2 should be in CO Group 1.

Station Numbering (Optional)
Check your station numbering in PGM104. SLT5-8 is Ports 5 to 8. Default station numbers should be Sta 14 for Port 5, Sta 15 for Port 6, Sta 16 for Port 7 and Sta 17 for Port 8.

>> Station numbers are for internal dialing - if you want to talk to someone on the system.
If you are OK with the station numbers, don't worry about this step, except to note down station numbers.
If you want to change the station numbering, follow on:
Double click Port 5, and a pop-up window will appear. Enter the NEW station number between 2 and 4 digits long, and press Update Station Number and Next

Assign Ring Pattern
By default, the system only rings a CO Line to station 10 or 11.
Change this in PGM144 - CO Ring Assignment

Open PGM144, and choose CO Line 2 from the menu, and press " <-- Refresh" on the top of the window.
Right click and select "Update Tool"
Choose Day Mode, Station, Range 14-17

Mode: Day
Type: Station
Range: Start 14, End 17
Delay: 0
[Update]

Check the Day column and it should have Station 11, and 14 to 17.
Take Station 11 out by the same process to add stations (Range 11 - ), but tick the "Delete Ring Assignment" box to delete it.

---------
This should have configured your system for line 2 as the line to use for dialing out on.
You should be able to dial internally to another station by dialing a station number.
Test your system by calling in to it as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck!
2311angel / Ryan

Hi Ryan,
you are an absolute gentleman!! I really thought I'd have to kiss that 200 euro goodbye at one point :) Thanks to your intrcate walkthrough, the system is up and running!!
update tool doesn't work, press 'refresh' update tool works...WTF..buggy software me thinks :)
I couldn't have done it without your instructions. Thanks again

One thing, when I was trying to program at first I was getting all kinds of random errors, and then the config would be lost after a reset/power cycle...
THe lithium battery onboard 3.6V 1/2AA (See below-old one has a gold tip) is essential for holding memory, there's even a switch beside it to turn it on/off (if not using the system)

Once I soldared in a new battery, the connection issues and other random errors went away and I could use your walkthrough.
IMAG0419_zps05aa9600.jpg

I connected everything up as you said and it worked like a charm :) going to use a seperate cable for the main line, this was just for testing
IMAG0404_zps96a4cec0.jpg

Happy to have been able to help :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out with the system

Ok, I'm gonna try and push my luck with this :) a few more questions, since I'm excited with this phone system programming

The Ring pattern, the fact that just 'day' is set, does this mean, it would not ring at the weekend? or will 'day' cover 24/7...7 days a week..
I updated 'on demand' as I though that would make more sense, but it didn't work, until I went back and selected 'day' like you said.
The 'on demand', still shows all the line numbers, I guess this is not a problem.

Station numbering, you said to use 2 digits, I guess I can't use single, because in this case it would be useful for the users since there is only four of them, (one less digit to hit over years can probably save hours ;p)
Even if this meant disabling other features, as I just need the most basic of systems...I imagine these are saved for system functions like activating the outside line (number 9)

At the moment, we have one analog phone, that has an outgoing mesage online, that can be switch on.
Is that kind of feature referred to as 'CO attendant'?
That would be a handy feature, if the cuurent phone fails, it would be nice for this system to step in.

Another question :) I got a single digital phone (ip I think) with the system, can this be used along with the other SLT's....Maybe just for the receptionist. WOuld there be a point, as it wouldn't be used to program the device, Voicemail will never be used by any of the phones. I guess you could tell if the phone line was in use (some of them are in different rooms)
Speakerphone wouldn't be used either by anyone.

IMAG0430_zps1c9a8af2.jpg

Thanks again
Nathan

just found the answer to the auto answer question,
Link

Looks like you need to use a menu option (Which wouldn't work for us) and most important, I'd need a VMIB board which I don't have :)

In response:

Day / Night Ring Pattern
This is more intended for business use, however you can use it yourself.
I have my system programmed to ring Hunt Group 760 in Day Mode and 763 in Night Mode.
Here is the times I have set:
Day time is 0600 ~ 2300
Night time is 2300 ~ 0600

In software 3.9, you also have Lunch Mode too.
Use of Day/Night/Lunch/Weekend
Day mode: Ring normally
Night/Lunch/Weekend mode: An automated message could be configured to advise, or allow a CCR menu for a caller to navigate to a Voicemail box

PGM 144 - Ring Assignment
PGM 233 - Weekly Timetable

Station numbering
You may actually be able to get away with using single digits 1 to 4 only. A lot of SLT codes (Such as holding and so forth) start with a 5, but you should be able to modify the numbers accordingly.
Try to renumber the stations 14-17 to 1 to 4
Delete the station numbers for all of the stations, then enter your new stations on Index 5 to 8 in PGM 104 - Numbering Plan

Outgoing message online
I'm not sure what you mean by that, sorry...

Digital Phone
That phone is likely NOT compatible with your system. You need a VOIM to allow for SIP trunking or IP phones to connect to your system.
You need a digital phone such as an LDK-30D, or a phone from the LDP 7000 series (7016 / 7024)
You need a VMIB card installed to have Voicemail features. As you do not have one, you don't have to worry about not setting up for Voicemail.
VMIB cards are installed in the top-left slot at the marking VMIB/AAFB (Slot 7)

Ryan

Thanks again, the station numbering trick worked perfect, lines are setup 1-4...

just one problem left, I can't figure out the call transfer... the manual says press 8 on a SLT to put the call on hold but this is not working

I really need to be able to transfer an incoming call to another extension...
from the manual
To make an unscreened transfer by SLT
1. Press and release the hook-switch and intercom dial tone is heard.
2. The CO Line is placed on exclusive hold and the Transfer Recall timer is activated.
3. Dial the station number to be transferred.
4. Replace the handset and go on-hook.

This is not working, when I click the phone hook switch it just disconnects the caller doesn't put them on 'exclusive hold' :(

Do your SLTs have a Flash or Recall button? Try pressing that and you should hear the ICM doal tone. If no recall button, you will have to do a hook switch flash, which is to press the hook switch quicly and release it. That should give you the ICM Dial tone, then dial station to XFER and hang up

All the SLT's have a recall button, I was trying that last night...and when I hit Recall, I heard the standard dial tone...(Is the ICM dial tone different?) then pressed the extension number, I could talk to the other person but when I put the phone down, nothing was transfered. It was like I just rang another station internally (Which works)

I rang in on my mobile, and when I pressed 'recall', there was no waiting music and it sounded like the call was dropped.

I CO attributes 1 , there is a setting.....Flash Type GROUND/LOOP LOOP This value is applied to analogue CO
Line only.
I did try the 'hook switch flash'..by pressing the receiver button then pressing 560 but that didn't work

IT says that should put the call on-hold, from the manual
To make a CO Line on Exclusive/System Hold from a SLT (depends on Hold Preference),
Make hook-flash and dial 5 6 0(System Hold Code (Ref.1)).

Do you know how to make a backup of your DB?
LDK Tools > Up/Down DB from LDK and follow on-screen prompts (You can't be connected to the system to do this, logout if connected to PCADM first)

Make a backup and upload it and I will take a look at it for you.
What country do you live in? I wonder if the dial tone is the same as the ICM tone

Hello from Australia. I'm taking a look at your database now, and I am looking for the frequencies Ireland's dial tone is

:) G'Day, It's been 15 years since I was running around your country as a backpacker, travelling with the Carnies, and setting up the shows.....along with the trusty Telstra mobile for calling home

Thanks for your help

Proposed changes:

PGM180 - System timer
SLT Hook Switch Bounce Timer: 1 [No change here]
SLT Maximum Hook Flash Timer: 20 [Current Value: 5]
SLT Minimum Hook Flash Timer: 7 [Current Value 20]
SLT Ring Phase: 3 [Current Value: 5]

ICM dialtone is a steady single tone. You hear it as soon as you pick up a station
Another thing to consider for holding calls, is using parking bins.
You can park calls on 601 by pressing Recall, and dialing 601.
Pick up the call from any station by dialing 601.

Check your SLTs for a switch or control where you can adjust the Recall timer. See if there is a setting for Recall 100ms or Recall 600ms.

Try the above settings before worrying about your SLT switch. Let me know how that goes

Happy days, Everything is working now, I made your changes [pc2] and now, tapping the hang up button works, and SO does the 'Recall' button!!! I hear the Music and calls transfer, hold etc...

Fantastic stuff, It's completely working now. You're a Legend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back