Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP hardphone echo across analog lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

phvoice

MIS
Mar 24, 2004
US
I noticed several posts in regards to users on IP hardphones getting a random echo on outbound calls across analog lines. None of the posts have mentioned a solution that has helped to resolve the issue. We are currently dealing with this, and are in the process of escalating it with Avaya, but wanted to see if anyone has already dealt with this issue successfully.

If not I'll work to put a summary later on this thread

Thank you

We are getting it across PRI lines as well. Played with the loss and gain quite a bit with no results so far.

I just got a report of it happening on PRI lines, was going to try adjusting the loss and gain, thanks for your post JayNEC. Let us know what Avaya says cwphile, and I'll post any results I get also.

Peter

We have also had random echoing on a 403 with digital 4412 and 4406 phones on outgoing call across a PRI. I'm working with tech support on the issue and will post any info if I get any.

What codec are you using on your IP Phones?
If set to automatic it may be worth experimenting with the other options to see which is best.

Yeah but is codec in VoIP Extn set to automatic,G711, G729a, G723........
if you are still set to Auto experiment with the other settings, it may not fix the problem but I guess you have nothing to loose at this stage

My apologies - I forgot to follow up on this. Avaya gave us a non-released firmware version for the 4620 phones, which had more aggressive echo cancellation on it. Overtime this did not show to make an improvement at least to the customers satisfaction.

The customer had us replace them with digital phones, so we were not able to follow it to the end and get a solution. I honestly think it is something with the phone design. I am experiencing similiar issues through PRI on a couple S8300s with 4620s. Wish I had an answer. To this point adjusting codecs have not seemed to help either.

If you look at Technical Bullentin 33 there are 2 specific reference to the fault you are describing

20528 Echo present on IP sets when dialling out over Analogue trunk

17657 A kind of Echo heard on 46xx Handsets

Its worth investagaing !

ipo.gif
Umm anotherprivatebuild !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back