Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

iptuser

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
GB
We are currenlty using Symposium 4.2 with an Option 11 and are looking to roll out IP handsets using an ITG line card has any one got any good or bad experriences with this set up. Our Call Centre is being split into differnt buisdings but we do not want to install separate optionn 11 with Network Symposium`s

thanks

wayne

Yeah my whole office and call center runs on an 11C with Symposium 4.2 and the I2002, I2004, and I2050 Softphones. The sets work great and have a single port switch on them so you to don't tie up extra jacks.

If you are going to use more than 1 ITG Card get someone good and setting up the V-IP for the node.

How many seats are you going to run on this platform

We've had only minor problems that were easily fixed with patches.

Ken,
Not that many we already have 30 agents using TDM but want another 25+ across different buildings using IP line cards. Is there any issues with the scripting or does it all work as it was TDM?

wayne

Wehave a few IP phone and have used over a MAN. SO the Symposium was 20miles from the Phone. When they finally moved office, downtime was only the time it took to physically move the phonesets :)
The service hardly suffered as the sites were constantly manned until all had moved.

Stu..

tahnks for your help one more thing we have Cisco data network normaly we will set QOS to use COS 5 any problems with Nortel?

wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back