Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Firmware Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity75

Technical User
Jul 10, 2008
US
Hey Everyone, my question is pretty straight forward.
I got all the firmware I need to update my IP phones from the Avaya SSO.
Now, my question is when I unzip the files do I unzip them to the root directory or do I unzip them to a particular file folder [9600, 3600, 1600]
I know each phone looks for a certain upgrade and the 4600settings file.

Thank You

Depends what your 242 DHCP scope points to. You can use HTTPDIR=/ in your 242 scope if you want to change the directory.

Depends what your 242 DHCP scope points to. You can use HTTPDIR=/ in your 242 scope if you want to change the directory."

I don't follow you on the HTTPDIR=/ please explain?

Look at your DHCP scope. That will tell you where to put the files. Likely root but you can use HTTPDIR=/ in your scope to change the directory.

What are you using to push firmware? Avaya Utility Server or just a file server?
Is your 242 option configured in your DHCP scope? It needs to be for HTTP IP phones (96xx).

For Utility server, the files are administered via the Utility server Web interface and they are deployed to /var/
If using a file server, the 242 option will dictate it.

Just a standard Ubuntu File server. We just dumped a 96xx firmware update to root and pointed the phone the ip address.

...Or you can do that (manually point to the file server).

But, I'm really wanting to separate the model telephone to it's own folder so I can update that models firmware instead of dumping it all to the root folder and then having a cluster of old files. So, I'm going to ask our Senior Network Admin about the 242 option in a previous reply.

Set up those folders like you want to and then create symbolic links in the root folder to the files in them.

And I'm guessing the phone will then route to that ip of the file server and search the folders for the correct firmware upgrade txt file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back