Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP example in fun laymans terms video file 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuseVic

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
AU
Hi all
I am trying to find a short (free) download that is a simplistic demo of IP network traffic and packets.

Sometime ago, year or 2, I saw such a wmv type file, possibly from one of the vendors or equipment manufacturers.

The one I saw had a fun simplistic way of showing how a message is broken into the packets, and distributed, then re assembled. The packets were represented as small boxes and were being dropped onto something like a truck or virtual transporter.

Your help in finding this or smimilar file would be great, and yes I have , and continue to search.

THANKS and best wishes for 2006

I remember seeing one at uni in my first CCNA class! It's on my laptop I think so I will check out the name, I think it was called 'warriors of the net' or something like that, and talked about packets etc, and the router was a robot man picking up the packets and throwing them down different pipes!

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back