Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
Since Avaya think it is a good idea to still supply the old IP DECT bases but not the phones (37xx), does anyone have any good recommendations on other phones to use.

I have a customer with 3 37xx phones, and want to add a new site to his network. Getting the base is not an issue but the phones are not available new and like rocking horse dropping refurb.

Do any other phones get directory integration or do i just get any old GAP phone???

I would take them to R5 and get a DECT R4, but can't as they will lose directory matching on the SIP trunks!!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Your only option is Dect R4 with full functionality or loosing phonebook integration.

You could set up an ipo on the new site with the new ipdect connected to it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

another ipo would really hike the cost. he only wants 2-3 phones!!!

Jamie Green

Then they loose all kind of option with using gap phones.
I should have bought a couple of thousand of those 3711 when i could.
I would have been rich now :)

BAZINGA!

you would!!!!

I've been googling about and found an Aastra 142d phone that looks just like a 3711. I wonder............

Jamie Green

Mitel, NEc and Phillips used them too :)
But i wonder if you get any other firmware on it.

BAZINGA!

We just added some 3720's to our old IP Dect and they provide good enough functionality for us. You don't get the central directory like you do with the 3711 but you can download a phone book to it. So as long as you don't have a lot of frequent changes you should be OK. I found them online for less than I paid for our original 3711's. If you go with the 3720 make sure you bases are on the latest firmware.

I can say the NecPhilips don't work, even tried to update the dect software but you can't. At least not with the Avaya cable.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back