Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DECT R7 Site Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB
Hi

We are required to carry out a survey for and install the latest Avaya IP DECT system, presumably 3725/3720 phones.

We have a DeTeWe site survey kit and an Ascom survey kit. Am I right in thinking the 3725 and 3720 phones replace the 3711 phones and are therefore still based on DeTeWe and the DeTeWe survey kit will be suffice for the survey?

Why would you mix them?
I would use the Ascom for all new surveys.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I dont personally do the surveys myself but I'm told we use a specific survey kit depending on what dect system it is. I think the concern is that its neither based on Ascom or DeTeWe and would require a different survey kit...

I will pass on your comment though, thanks...

The response from those who do the surveys was "That would surely only apply if the propagation and receiver characteristics were the same for both models"

?

both the 3725/3720 are Avaya OEM versions of the Ascom handsets, so please use the Ascom survey kit!.
Be sure to measure air-sync and speech!
Be aware that the 3711 is not an Ascom handset (= DeTeWe) and probably will not work on Avaya (Ascom) IP-dect!

The last survey I did for DECT R4 consisted of a DECT R4 base station and a 3720 handset. Plugged the base station in where I thought I wanted ti, set the phone to the survey setting and then monitored the signal information on the hand piece.

Worked perfectly and the customer is extremely happy with the coverage they now have.

| ACSS SME |

I think you used a 3725 because the 3720 cannot do that :)
I do it the same way.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yes it is", not "that it be"!!

;-)

ACSS (SME)

One of these days everything will work as it should, and then we'll all be out of a job!

I'm just off to Hartlepool, to buy some exploding trousers :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back