Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DECT R4 Questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hovus

Technical User
May 15, 2011
GB
Hey all,

I've got a customer who took it upon himself to purchase a 3720 with a basic charger. Having never setup an IP DECT solution for IPO, I can't find whether or not the phone needs a base station for the phone + basic charger to connect to. That said, a 3720 + charger is around $230 and a base station is at least $850...I can't imagine setting up a single DECT phone can cost a customer more than a $1000. Am I just crazy or am I missing something from KB that describes how to set up a basic charger to the IPO directly?

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

DECT R4 is designed as a multicell DECT system with full roamong and handover features.
The phones at itself cannot connect to the IP Office, you need a DECT base station for it, either a Avaya IP DECT R4 or any othe DECT GAP compatible basestation.
If the customer needs only one handset and one basestation I reccomend to buy a Gigaset analog or SIP DECT phone if available in your country.
Only if the customer needs more DECT Phones and a coverage of a huge area the IP DECT R4 system pays off.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Right. Thanks intrigant and a pink day!

1. In North America, at least, there is a compact base station that is about half the cost of the regular one... it only support 4 calls at once instead of 8, and only support 4 of this type of base station.

GB

Only 5 in an install and when there is a normal then only the normal can be the master of disaster :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

oops, yes 5 in an install. Master of Disaster LOL. The 5 compacts can be part of the larger limit of 32 (8.1 and earlier) or 128 (8.1 FP1), but as tlpeter says, if there is any regulars in the system then a regular much be the master.

There is a new series of much cheaper DECT phones under 8.1 FP1, but I haven't seen them yet or paid much attention.

GB

Love those... they think they saved a couple hundred bucks on eBay and get stuck with it. Back in the Nortel Companion days, many bought handsets on eBay from US locations... sorry M. Customer, those don't work on Canadian systems. That'll be 85$ for the call, and 800$ for a handset if you want one; I happen to have one in my truck... :)

Compact is the $850 one...pure craziness.

Hovus, that is the Avaya price and they always give BP's a good discount.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You may be right, tlpeter. I'm just a tech...I don't deal with pricing. Easier that way. Zols, thanks for the suggestion. Think we're going with an aastra MBU-400 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back