Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Dect R4 Goes Unplugged When Called

sheldoom

Vendor
Dec 12, 2006
US
Just installed a new IP Dect IPBS3 and 3730 Phone on R11.0.4.3 IP Office. We had the phone working with the customer when he had the Base Station and phone in his IT area. Was able to make and receive calls. He then moved the phone to the location it was needed and now both the Dect line and phone look the same in System Status, both are up and good, in-service/idle, but now when the phone is called, I see the call hit the phone on the CA, it then changes to an Unplugged status and then immediately goes back to Idle and it also can't call out.

I had him unsubscribe and subscribe the phone and this didn't help.

Any ideas?

Hi Sheldoom

Try re-registering the phone with the base station. Sometimes, moving the phone can disrupt its registration plus ensure there are no other devices in the new location that could be causing interference with the DECT signal.

make sure all base stations are running on the same firmware.

As it turns out. I originally configured the base station with an IP address and gateway for the network that the IP Office was on, but the gateway for the 192.168.122.X network in the main building was different that the gateway for the 192.168.122.X network in the other building. Basically had to default it and start over, but got it all working on the 192.168.15.X network.

I'm not sure why though in System Status the trunk to the base station still indicated it was up, even when it wasn't pingable?

Thanks,

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back