Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DECT no longer accessible 1

Kibbs308

Technical User
Jun 28, 2011
US
Have clients using IP Office 11.1 with IP DECT. Every things working but i need to make some changes to the IP DECT including adding phones. I was able to access the IP DECT with EDGE running in IE mode and adding the IP Address in to be aloud security wise.
Well Microsoft decided to make changes and this no longer works and Chrome and Firefox hasn't worked in a long time either. Besides the old EDGE bypass does anyone know of another way to connect to the IP DECT manager web page?

I have the same issue, open case with Avaya (for a VERY long time)

If you have a PC/laptop with Windows 7/10 use the old IE version, that should work fine.

Unfortunately those are non existent in my company, no need to keep old junk around. Anyone know who makes the IP DECT for Avaya maybe they can shed some light on the issue?

apparently Avaya loves to use old junk to program their stuff.
There are several things that only work with IE
If you have a support with Avaya open a ticket with them and let them deal with it. Everyone should do that to get some pressure on them to upgrade their decade old crap.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

A star for you but sadly I don't even think that would do it, lol.

The problem is you need access to the IP DECT to update it, if you can't access it (if you don't have Win 7/10) how can you update it!?

That is my argument with Avaya.

I think I would build up a hyper-v or some other vm and load W7 to that for management.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I have been using Mozilla Firefox. It has a connect anyway button. This has been the only browser that works with the Dect base station for a year.

I suppose it's due to the TLS settings on the latest IPDECT firmware, anyway I have already tried opening a SR to Avaya for IP Dect issue, they rejected because the IP Dect was not part of the existing IPOSS....

attex I tried that the other day and it did not work either but for giggles and grins tried again today and I was able to get in, wonder how long this way will work before Firefox starts to block it to.

I realize the reply is late, but I deal with this all the time for one of my customers. What I've been able to do that works almost every time:

1) Use Edge and IE Mode:
-Settings->Default Browser
-Change "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode): from DEFAULT to ALLOW
-Restart Edge, then go back to Settings->Default Browser and add in the Master base station IP Address in "Internet Explorer Mode pages"
-Open a window and type in the Master IP Address. You should get the old IE page that lets you choose to proceed anyway.
-If you still get the Edge window that doesn't allow you to continue, click on "Reload internet Explorer Mode" from the ellipsis (three dots) in the top right-hand corner

2) Use Firefox:
-Open a window and type in the Master IP Address. Most of the time this will bring up the correct "proceed anyway?" screen
-If you don't get the option to proceed anyway, go to Internet Options->Advanced and put a check next to "Use TLS 1.0" and 1.1 boxes
-Open a browser window and try again

For whatever reason, occasionally I have to make multiple attempts before it takes, but most of the time one of the above approaches works. I haven't been able to get Chrome to work at all. As a fallback I do have an older machine with IE, but rarely have to use it any longer.

This should help:

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back