Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Dect 3720 keep unregistering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregl45

Technical User
Apr 4, 2006
US
We have a system with 4 3720 Dect phones on 8.0.16 and the phones will randomly become unregistered. Has anyone seen this before or know what we can to to keep the phone registered?

Do you have a compact dect base station instead of a normal 8 channel base station?
Do you have enough coverage?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It is a 700502016 Dect IP RBS V2 so it is not the compact. Yes there is enough coverage. The phones work fine except they randomly unregister.

What firmware is on the phones and on the base station?

BAZINGA!

I will be on site later today and will check to make sure they all match.

We are also having the same problem in the last 8 weeks I have re-registed 3 out of the 4 phones and this has been done about 5 times.

Just checked the software and we are running the following:
IPO: 8.0 (18)
Dect Base: IPBS2[5.0.9], Bootcode[5.0.9], Hardware[IPBS2-C4/1B1]
Dect Phone: 3.2.23

Take a look at these docs;

ftp://ftp.detewe.ru/ONLINE/English/6,1%20Troubleshooting%20IPBS.pdf

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

BAS1234, I cannot get to the 2nd document but the first document doesnt really show me anything I didnt already know. I have just had to re-register another one of the phones this morning. Something to note about the two phones that keep loosing their registration that they are used as hot desk's for the service desk over night. Gregl45 the phones your having issues with are these used for hot desking too?

Try tis one;

ftp://ftp.detewe.ru/ONLINE/English/6,1 Troubleshooting IPBS.pdf

Or search google on 6,1 Troubleshooting IPBS.pdf

Avaya_Red.gif

Did you find out the cause and fix for this issue?
I have just done a dect install recently and have just had most of the dect phones un-register over night.
Hopefully it won't happen again but if it does would like to know what you had to do to fix your site.

Thanks.

Never got to the bottom of it. Had an Avaya Tech support rep (actually from Avaya) come to my office for a different issue and I asked him about these DECT issues and I was told that there is a problem but they are not actually sure of the cause. Some theories are to do with auto registration (I think that's the feature will need to check)and also merging config causing handsets to unregister. I was adviced if I could provide any observations to them it would be appreciated.

James

Tried placing the Master IPBS in the middle of the system? Never place it on the edge.

Avaya_Red.gif

I only have two base stations but before we introduced the second base station unit we had problems with phones losing their registration. So I cannot see it being to do with roaming between the base stations. It appears to be something between the Primary base station and the IPO controller.

How many dect phones do you have?
It sounds like you have too many phones.

BAZINGA!

I have 4 3720 phones the base stations are IPBS2-C4/1B1 (the ones with the external antennae). Not exceeding the number of phones here. As the system has started to settle in now we are not merging so many changes and since then the phones have not been losing their registrations either. I do believe what the Avaya enginner said to me that its linked to Config Merging that causes this.

That would be a odd thing!
I have never had these issues at all.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back