Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP DEC 160 Access Code issue on IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQD74

Technical User
May 28, 2013
CA
Greeting all.

I'm having an issue concerning Access Code (Long Distance restrictions) with a IPDEC 160.

Both my 1408 and the IPDEC are set exactly the same way; same short codes, same User Rights.

If I try to place a long distance call with the 1408, it ask me for the code and, once entered, place the calls correctly

If I try to place a long distance call with the IPDEC it just dont do anything. It does not ask me the the code or anything. The phone number I've entered is just flashing and, after about 15 seconds, the line hangup.

Both phones act the same way in SYSTEM STATUS that is:

as soon as I dial the number (even before entering the code), the line gets busy and says something like 'Outgoing Alert'.

On the 1408 it then ask for the access code and, once entered it switches to 'connected' in System Status.
On the IPDEC it just stays on 'Outgoing Alarm' for about 15 seconds then hang up.

The IPDEC never ask for the access code and I dont have access to any menus on the phone while it 'dials'.
Entering the code anyway even if not asked (both AFTER dialing the number and BEFORE dialing (i.e. entering the access code in the same sting as the number dialed)) don't do anything either.

I'm having the exact same issue on 2 completely different IPO with different phones.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

On both users (in Manager) go to Users > Telephony > Supervisor Settings and compare the check boxes for Force Account Code and Force Authorization Code. Are they the same?

Also, is it the IP Office requiring the code, or the service provider?

Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn't help us know what to say.

Hello

Both users are a copy/paste of one another. Exact same settings.

I've check those settings just to make sure, they are indeed the same.

Reminder: The phone (correctly) prevent me from placing the long distance call BUT at no point does it ask for the password.

And, does the requirement for a code come from the IP Office or the Service Provider?

Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn't help us know what to say.

Sorry.

The code is asked by the system not the phone line.

The 1408 correctly ask me (on the screen) the access code.

Thank you

If the D160 is working in the same way as other SIP sets like the E129, you should hear a single tone after dialing the telephone number. That is the system saying it needs an account code before proceeding. Dial the code and press #.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back