Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjonnnnn

MIS
Aug 25, 2000
US
We are using DHCP. Periodically a user will get a message that there is an IP conflict. But the conflict it with itself.

For example ComputerA has the IP, 29.29.0.136 showing up in winipcfg.
DHCP shows that ComputerA has the IP 29.29.0.136.

Even if I release the IP, shutdown the computer, then delete the lease from DHCP, when the computer comes back up it still says that there is a conflict with 29.29.0.136 (which is its own address)

What gives? (I've even changed the lease length time, but that didnt work.)

There is one way to revert your iP info back to original and then possible update to winsock 2.0 if you want.

Run ws2bakup.bat in the directory under x:\windows\ws2bakup and follow the directions after it has finished. You must be in safe mode command prompt to do that. Then reboot and run the last stage of the ws2bakup which is a register entry.

This may fix the issue. Then you may reinstall the winsock update again and go from there.

Vaughn

hai man ..tell me one thing this problem is with all the system or one perticular system.here i assume that u have the problem with 1 perticular system .check if ur system is pointing to that DHCP server correctly. also see if u have not configured ur system for static IP . and last but not the least as alwys if ur DHCP is running on the NT or any other microsoft platform REBOOT the machine :))..sounds crazy but this idea will work 9 out of 10 times !:))..enjoy ! just let me know if ur prob is solved.if not than just let me know the details of the lease time length and the IP block assigned to DHCP for distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back